54 of 1948
|(2) The Central Commission shall be a body
corporate by the name aforesaid, having perpetual succession and a common seal with power
to acquire, hold and dispose of property, both movable and immovable, and to contract and
shall, by the said name, sue or be sued.
(3) The head office of the Central Commission shall be at such place as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, specify.
(4) The Central Commission shall consist of the following Members, namely:-
(5) The Chairperson and the other Members of the Central Commission shall be appointed by the Central Government on the recommendation of the Selection Committee referred to in section 5:
Provided that nothing contained in this sub-section shall apply to the appointment of a person as the Chairperson, where such person is or has been a Judge of the Supreme Court or the Chief Justice of a High Court.4. (1) The Chairperson and the Members of the Central Commission shall be persons having adequate knowledge, experience or shown capacity in dealing with problems relating to engineering, law, economics, commerce, finance or management and shall be appointed in the following manner, namely:-
(a) one person having qualification and experience in the field of engineering with specialisation in generation, transmission or distribution of electricity;
Provided that not more than one Member shall be appointed under the same category under clause (c).
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), the Central Government may appoint any person as the Chairperson from amongst persons who is or has been a Judge of the Supreme Court or the Chief Justice of a High Court:Provided that no appointment under this sub-section shall be made except after consultation with the Chief Justice of India.
(3) The Chairperson or any other Member of the Central Commission shall not hold any other office.
(4) The Chairperson shall be the Chief Executive of the Central Commission.5. (1) The Central Government shall, for the purpose of sub-section (5) of section 3, constitute a Selection Committee consisting of-
Qualification for appointment of Chairperson and other members of Central Commiss- ion
[Prev. Page] [Next Page]
[Home] [About Us] [Extracts of Acts]
[Regulations] [Orders] [Publications] [Annual Report]
[Schedule of Hearings] [Contact Us] [Search] [Links]