Explanation.- For the purposes of this sub-section, -
7. (1) Subject to the provisions of sub-section (3) any Member of the Central Commission shall only be removed from his office by order of the President on the ground of proved misbehaviour after the Supreme Court, on reference being made to it by the President, has, on an inquiry, held in accordance with the procedure prescribed in this behalf by the Supreme Court, reported that the Member, ought on any such ground to be removed.
(2) The President may suspend any Member of the Central Commission in respect of whom a reference has been made to the Supreme Court under sub-section (1) until the President has passed an order on receipt of the report of the Supreme Court.
(3) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), the President may by order remove from office the Chairperson or any other Member, if the Chairperson or such other Member, as the case may be,-
(4) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (3), no Member shall be removed from his office on the ground specified in clause (d) or clause (e) of that sub-section unless the Supreme Court, on a reference being made to it in this behalf by the President, has, on an inquiry, held by it in accordance with such procedure as prescribed in this behalf by the Supreme Court, reported that the Member ought on such ground or grounds to be removed.8. (1) The Central Commission may appoint a Secretary to exercise and perform under the control of the Chairperson such powers and duties as may be specified by regulations made by the Central Commission.
(2) The Central Commission may, with the approval of the Central Government, determine the number, nature and categories of other officers and employees required to assist the Central Commission in the discharge of its functions.
(3) The salaries and allowances payable to, and other conditions of service of, the Secretary, officers and other employees shall be such as may be determined with the approval of the Central Government, by regulations.
[Prev. Page] [Next Page]
[Home] [About Us] [Extracts of Acts]
[Regulations] [Orders] [Publications] [Annual Report]
[Schedule of Hearings] [Contact Us] [Search] [Links]