Proceedings of Central Commission.
|(4) The Central Commission may appoint consultants
required to assist the Central Commission in the discharge of its functions on the terms
and conditions as may be determined by regulations made by the Central Commission.9. (1) The Central Commission shall meet at
the head office or any of its offices at such time as the Chairperson may direct, and
shall observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of business at its
meetings (including the quorum at its meetings) as may be determined by regulations.
(2) The Chairperson or, if he is unable to attend a meeting of the Central Commission, any other Member nominated by the Chairperson in this behalf and, in the absence of such nomination or where there is no Chairperson, any Member chosen by the Members present from among themselves, shall preside at the meeting.
(3) All questions which come up before any meeting of the Central Commission shall be decided by a majority of votes of the Members (including the Member, ex officio) present and voting, and, in the event of an equality of votes, the Chairperson or the person presiding shall have the right to exercise a second or casting vote.
(4) Save as otherwise provided in sub-section (3), every Member shall have one vote.
(5) All orders and decisions of the Central Commission shall be authenticated by the Secretary or any other officer of the Central Commission duly authorised by the Chairperson in this behalf.10. No act or proceedings of the Central Commission shall be questioned or shall be invalidated merely on the ground of existence of any vacancy or defect in the constitution of the Central Commission.
11. The expenses of the Central Commission including all salaries and allowances payable to, or in respect of, the Chairperson and the Member of the Central Commission shall be charged upon the Consolidated Fund of India.
12. The Central Commission, shall, for the
purposes of any inquiry or proceedings under this Act have the powers as are vested in a
civil court under the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908, in respect of the following matters,
CHAPTER III POWERS AND FUNCTIONS OF THE CENTRAL COMMISSION 13. The Central Commission shall discharge all or any of the following functions, namely:-
[Prev. Page] [Next Page]
[Home] [About Us] [Extracts of Acts]
[Regulations] [Orders] [Publications] [Annual Report]
[Schedule of Hearings] [Contact Us] [Search] [Links]