14. (1) The Central Commission may, by notification, establish with effect from such date as it may specify in such notification, a Committee to be known as the Central Advisory Committee.
(2) The Central Advisory Committee shall consist of not more than thirty-one members to represent the interests of commerce, industry, transport, agriculture, labour, consumers, non-governmental organisations and academic and research bodies in the energy sector.
(3) The Chairperson and Members of the Central Commission shall be the ex officio Chairperson and ex officio Members of the Central Advisory Committee.15. The objects of the Central Advisory Committee shall be to advise the Central Commission on,-
16. (1) Any person aggrieved by any decision or order of the Central Commission may file an appeal to the High Court.
(2) Except as aforesaid, no appeal or revision shall lie to any court from any decision or order of the Central Commission.
(3) Every appeal under this section shall be preferred within sixty days from the date of communication of the decision or order of the Central Commission to the person aggrieved by the said decision or order :
Provided that the High Court may entertain an appeal after the expiry of the said period of sixty days if it is satisfied that the aggrieved person had sufficient cause for not preferring the appeal within the period of sixty days.
Central Advisory Committee
[Prev. Page] [Page 8]
[Home] [About Us] [Extracts of Acts]
[Regulations] [Orders] [Publications] [Annual Report]
[Schedule of Hearings] [Contact Us] [Search] [Links]