Constitution of Selection Committee by State Goveminent.
STATE ELECTRICITY REGULATORY COMMISSION
17. (1) The State Government may, if it deems fit, by notification in the Official Gazette, establish, for the purposes of this Act, a Commission for the State to be known as the (name of the State) Electricity Regulatory Commission.
(2) The State Commission shall be a body corporate by the name aforesaid, having perpetual succession and a common seal, with power to acquire, hold and dispose of property, both movable and immovable, and to contract and shall, by the said name, sue or be sued.
(3) The head office of the State Commission shall be at such place as the State Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, specify.
(4) The State Commission shall consist of not more than three Members including the Chairperson.
(5) The Chairperson and the Members of the State Commission shall be persons of ability, integrity and standing who have adequate knowledge of, and have shown capacity in dealing with problems relating to engineering, finance, commerce, economics, law or management.
(6) The Chairperson and the Members of the State Commission shall be appointed by the State Government on the recommendation of a Selection Committee referred to in section 18.
(7) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (5) or sub-section (6), the State Government may appoint any person as the Chairperson from amongst persons who is or has been a Judge of a High Court:
Provided that no appointment under this sub-section shall be made except after consultation with the Chief Justice of that High Court.
(8) The Chairperson shall be the Chief Executive of the State Commission.
(9) The Chairperson or any other Member of the State Commission shall not hold any other office.
18. (1) The State Government shall, for the purposes of selecting the Members of the State Electricity Commission, constitute a Selection Committee consisting of-
Provided that nothing contained in this clause shall apply to the appointment of a person as the Chairperson who is or has been a Judge of the High Court.
(2) No appointment of a Member shall be invalid merely by reason of any vacancy in the Selection Committee.
(3) The State Government shall, within one month from the date of occurrence of any vacancy by reason of death, resignation or removal and six months before the superannuation or end of tenure of any Chairperson or a Member, make a reference to the Selection Committee for filling up of the vacancy.
(4) The Selection Committee shall finalise the selection of the Member, within one month from the date on which the reference is made to it.
(5) The Selection Committee shall recommend a panel of two names for every vacancy referred to it.
[Prev. Page] [Next Page]
[Home] [About Us] [Extracts of Acts]
[Regulations] [Orders] [Publications] [Annual Report]
[Schedule of Hearings] [Contact Us] [Search] [Links]