(6) Before recommending any person for appointment as a Member, the Selection Committee shall satisfy itself that such person does not have any financial or other interest which is likely to affect prejudicially his functions as a Member.
19. (1) The Chairperson or other Member shall hold office as such for a term of five years from the date on which he enters upon his office, but shall not be eligible for reappointment
Provided that no Chairperson or other Member shall hold office as such after he has attained -
(2) The salary and allowances payable to, and the other terms and conditions of service of, the Members of the State Commission shall be such as may be prescribed by the State Government.
(3) The salary, allowances and other conditions of service of the Members, shall not be varied to their disadvantage after appointment.
(4) Every Member of the State Commission shall, before entering upon his office, make and subscribe to an oath of office and of secrecy in such form and in such manner and before such authority as may be prescribed.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1) or sub-section (2), a Member may-
(6) Any Member ceasing to hold office as such shall-
Explanation. -For the purposes of this sub-section,-
20. (1) Subject to the provisions of sub-section (3), any Member of the State Commission shall only be removed from his office by order of the Governor on the ground of proved misbehaviour after the High Court, on reference being made to it by the Governor, has, on inquiry, held in accordance with the procedure prescribed in that behalf by the High Court, reported that the Member, ought on any such ground to be removed.
Term of Office, Salary and allowances and other conditions of service of Chairperson and Members
[Prev. Page] [Next Page]
[Home] [About Us] [Extracts of Acts]
[Regulations] [Orders] [Publications] [Annual Report]
[Schedule of Hearings] [Contact Us] [Search] [Links]