|14. The Commission may delegate to its officers such functions
including functions that may be required by these regulations to be exercised by the
secretary on terms and conditions the Commission may specify for the purpose.
The Secretary may, with the approval of the Commission, delegate to any Officer of the
Commission any function required by these Regulations or otherwise, to be exercised by the
16. In the absence of the Secretary, such other Officer of the Commission,
as may be designated by the Chairperson, may exercise all the functions of the Secretary.
17. The Commission shall, at all times have the authority, either on an
application made by any interested or affected party or suo motu, to review, revoke,
revise, modify, amend, alter or otherwise change any order made or action taken by the
Secretary or the Officers of the Commission, if the Commission considers the same to be
Recognition for Consumer Associations
(1) It shall be open to the Commission to permit any association/forum or
other bodies corporate or any group of consumers to participate in any proceedings before
(2) It shall be open to the Commission for the sake of timely completion of
proceedings, to direct grouping of the associations / forums referred to above so that
they can make collective affidavits.
(3) The Commission may as and when considered appropriate notify a procedure
for recognition of associations, group, forum or bodies corporate as registered consumer
association for purposes of representation before the Commission.
(1) The Commission may appoint any officer or any other person to represent
consumers' interest if considered necessary.
(2) The Commission may direct payment to the officer or person appointed
to represent the consumers interest such fees, costs and expense by such of the parties in the proceedings as the Commission may consider appropriate.
[Prev. Page] [Next Page]
[Home] [About Us]
[Extracts of Acts]
[Regulations][Orders] [Publications] [Power Data] [Annual Report]
[Schedule of Hearings][Bulletin Board] [Jobs] [Contact Us] [Search]